you need to know

Emys properties Ltd is a fully regulated Property management business. as such we operate a complaints procedure and are regulated by The Property Ombudsman. 

If you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of our service please us the following procedure:


We are committed to providing a professional service to all our clients and customers. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it.

If you have a complaint please put it in writing, including as much detail as possible. We will then respond in line with the timeframes set out below(if you feel we have not sought to address your complaint within eight weeks you may be able to refer your complaint to the Property Ombudsman to consider without our final viewpoint on the matter).

What will happen next?

We will send you a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it. 

We will then investigate your complaint. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of acknowledgement of your complaint. 

If at this stage you are not satisfied youshould contact us again and we will arrange for a seperate review. 

We will write to you again within 15 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter. 

If you remain dissatisfied you can then contact the Property Ombudsman to request an independant review. 

The Property Ombudsman

Milford House

43-45 Milford Street




Please note the following:

You will need to submit your complaint to the Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint, including any evidence to support your case. 

The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints proceedure, before being submitted for an independant review.


Client Deposits

Emys Properties Ltd holds client deposits under the regulation of Client Money Protect. If when you leave your residence there is a dispute between you and the agency or if you believe unfair deductions are being made you can ask Client Money Protect to intervene on your behalf. Client Money Protect is a government authorised agency set up to ensure that client deposits are administered fairly and in a timely manner.